Section 7 – Needlework & Craft
STEWARDS: M Schafer, V Bradley, M Murillo, H Lauridsen, J Irwin
Entry Fee $1. Childrens section free.
No exhibit shall be eligible in more than one
Competition exhibits (except Candlewicking) must not be laundered.
Exhibits will be received at the office until 6pm Wednesday 24th July.
Exhibits to be collected from Stewards in the Pavilion from 3.00pm to 3.30pm Saturday.
All work exhibited to have been completed in the preceding 24 months and to be handworked except those specified.
1st prize $15, 2nd $10, 3rd $5.
All work must be the production of the exhibitor.
A limit of 2 items per person per class applies.
NO LATE ENTRIES
1. Patchwork Quilt – Double/Queen.
2. Patchwork Quilt – Single/Cot size
3. Small Patchwork Article.
4. Travel/Knee Rug, crochet, 1.2 maximum.
5. Bedspread, crochet.
6. Teddy Bear, handmade, dressed – anymedium.
7. Doll, handmade, dressed – any medium.
8. Table Cloth, embroidered.
9. Cushion, filled, embroidered.
10. Cushion, filled, any other medium.
11. Table Runner or Centre, embroidered, counted thread.
12. Traced Embroidery – any article.
13. Picture, framed, any medium.
14. Hand Embroidered Picture, framed – Cross Stitch.
15. Tapestry, framed.
16. Wall Hanging, any medium.
17. Machine made Bag, most effective.
18. Article, machine sewn, most effective.
19. Pincushion, any medium.
20. Table Runner or Centre, crochet.
21. Any item not on schedule, crochet.
22. Baby’s outfit, hand knitted (3 pieces).
23. Child’s Cardigan or Jumper, hand knitted.
24. Adult’s Cardigan or Jumper, with sleeves, hand knitted.
25. Any Item not on schedule, knitted.
26. Applique, any entry.
27. Toy, handmade, knitted.
28. Toy, handmade, crochet.
29. Toy, machine made, any material.
30. Best Thrift Article approx. 70% recycled/30% new.
31. Soft craft,needle & thread, (no glue) any item not on schedule.
32. Soft Craft – Machine.
33. Hard craft, any item not on schedule.
34. Beading, any item.
35. Tea Cosy – any medium.
36. Coat Hanger – any medium.
37. Wearable Art, any entry. – no plant or animal materials.
38. Wool Felting, any entry.
39. Cardmaking OPEN.
40. Any Item made by a person with a disability – Open.
41. Any Item made by a person with a disability – Under 16.
ARTICLE MADE BY PERSON OVER 65 YEARS
42. Crochet, any article.
43. Knitting, any article.
44. Embroidery, any article.
45. Patchwork Rug, any medium.
46. Any other Craft.
ARTICLE MADE BY PERSON OVER 80 YEARS
47. Best Entry, any medium.
ARTICLE MADE BY SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENT (Please state age).
48. Best Entry, any medium.
ARTICLE MADE BY PRIMARY SCHOOL STUDENT (Please state age).
49. Best Entry, any medium.
BEST EXHIBIT Class 1 to 47
Champion Sash & $20
MARIA NICOTRA MEMORIAL AWARD
BEST EXHIBIT – Hand Embroidery. Sash & $10.
BEST EXHIBIT – Hand Crochet. Sash & $10.
BEST EXHIBIT – Hand Knitting. Sash & $10.
Donated by Nancy Hunt.