Section 11 – Floral Art
JUDGE: Mrs Janeen Hulbert
STEWARDS: F Silvester & M Nash
Entry Fee $1. Junior Section Free
Entries can be brought in Thursday 25th July from 7.00pm – 8.30pm & Friday 26th July by 8am.
a. The materials used need not necessarily be grown by the exhibitor.
b. All material should be fresh unless otherwise stated.
c. Artificial material may not be used unless specified.
d. The use of ferns, foliage, berries, mats and accessories is allowed unless otherwise specified.
e. Exhibitors may remain in the novice section for 3 years, even after..gaining a previous first prize.
f. If they do not gain a first prize at this time, they need not progress to the open section.
g. Those wishing to exhibit in the open section may do so, but if they win a first place they then forfeit the right to exhibit in the novice section and must remain as an open section exhibitor.
h. Interpretive – fresh material only.
1st Prize $15, Second $10, Third $5.
Highest aggregate of points in the Section $20.
1st – 10 points, 2nd – 6 points, 3rd – 4 points.
1. A Touch of the Orient (modern): accessory/accessories allowed.
2. When Flowers are Scarce: Foliage, vegetables & fruit may be used.
3. Them & Me: Interpretive.
4. Colour My World: Artificial material – free choice of design.
5. So Happy Together: Artificial material incorporating driftwood.
6. Give Me Colour: Interpretive(fresh material).
7. From the Beach: Dried arrangement.
8. Tropicana: Interpretive (fresh material).